Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Entry 6


Cheri Overstreet, 2008

Cheri Overstreet, 2008

Cheri Overstreet, 2008

Dollhouse, Stage 1
Continuing to explore personal space: its effects on its occupants, their effects on it, how it feels physically and emotionally. I decided the best avenue to express how I have been effected by personal space is my dollhouse. It was built for me by my father when I was a little girl. I played with it well into adolescence. I believe that it has, along with the home I grew up in, helped shape my imagination and ideals about a "home" and relationships. These photos are part of this new exploration, they are the jumping off point.


Citizens of War

The Plume of Her Sweet Repose

Suddenly
Nathan Spoor
The Manhattan, Snyder, TX
September-November 2008
The surreal paintings of Nathan Spoor capture my eye and entrance me in their smooth color and luscious lines. The subject matter is deep and sincere and dark.


In The Darkest Night
Travis Lindquist
McCaig Welles and Rosenthal Gallery, Brooklyn, NY
October 10th-November 10th, 2008
Lindquist is displaying work of mixed media containing iconic imagery that he has altered with paint and text. The images speaking on good vs evil are products of 8 years of collecting vintage photo books and Russian film stills.



The Village Pet Store And Charcoal Grill
Banksy
89 7th Ave., New York, NY
now thru 0ctober 31st
Banksy, a British street artist has his first show in the West Village. However, it's not your ordinary gallery show. But Banksy isn't your ordinary artist. Your average Banksy viewing would be spraypainted somewhere on a building in an urban environment. This time he has set up a ficticious pet shop in a small store. There are fish sticks swimming in a fish bowl, chicken nuggets in a chicken coup eating bar-b-q sauce, hot dogs in lizard tanks, amoungst others. It is truley Banksy in the statement however, speaking on our society's consupmtion addictions. Well done once again, sir!

No comments: