Monday, September 29, 2008

Entry 4


Untitled (still from Move Sequence)
Cheri Overstreet, 2008


Untitled (still from Move Sequence)
Cheri Overstreet, 2008


Untitled (still from Move Sequence)
Cheri Overstreet, 2008

Stills from Move Sequence, Cheri Overstreet, 2008
I chose these stills from my Move Sequence because they invoke mysterious emotion with their dramatic lighting. I am drawn to this theatrical lighting for this very reason. There is also a story told in each image about that particular area of space. As I continue to explore the theory of personal space I continue to search for these stories.




Wolf In Theater 2007

Changing Room 2007

Julia Fullerton-Batten
In Between
Randall Scott Gallery, Washington D.C.
September 13th-October 18th, 2008
This is my girl! I truly admire Julia's work and have been working with her subject matter as well. Julia explores the awkwardness of adolescence using amateur models who are actually experiencing that time in their life. Her theatricality and bordering surrealism draw me in every time.



Paul Insect
Poison
Lazarides Gallery, London
September 12th-21st
Insect's parings of aggression, adolescence, and sex meets for emotional and provocative works. He is said to be working out the frustrations of the Modern male, primitive urges versus contemporary expectations. I love this tension in his work and can see a primal honesty!

Sacred Heart (Red/Gold)
1994-2007
High chromium stainless steel with transparent color coating
Balloon Dog (Yellow)
1994-2000
High chromium stainless steel with transparent color coating

Jeff Koons on the Roof
now through October 26th, 2008
The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, NY
I really wish I could see this exhibition! The juxtaposition of the high chromium, extremely eye-catching, sculptures of Jeff Koons against the New York City skyline must be outstanding!!!! Continuing to make art that reflects Koons' world and American culture he has really spoken to me with these sculptures. They scream to me about the little things in life that are ever so frivolous (balloon animals made by clowns and street performers, and candy hearts given on Valentine's Day). To me, these sculptures speak of the enormity of our society's extravagances.

1 comment:

Cinthea Fiss said...

these remind me of ill reflections